Keeping up with a personal hygiene regimen can be challenging enough without having to face the irritation and embarrassment of skin disorders such as keratosis pilaris (KP). Fortunately, relief is readily available through the use of coconut oil for keratosis pilaris.
Coconut oil has shown to be a very effective remedy for KP symptoms, soothing dryness, reducing redness, and alleviating bumps and inflammation. Although there is no permanent cure for this ailment, consistent use of coconut oil products can help relieve irritating symptoms.
Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Treating Keratosis Pilaris
Coconut oil contains fatty acids that make it a natural skin moisturizer, as it is easily absorbed into the skin. Additionally, its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties help to soothe, sanitize, and moisturize affected areas for smoother, healthier skin.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Keratosis Pilaris
Coconut oil can be used in many ways to relieve KP symptoms and restore the beauty of your skin. To get the best results from coconut oil treatments, it is advised to develop a treatment plan to resolve KP problems. The following steps can help you to get started:
- Use coconut oil scrubs to exfoliate your skin, getting rid of dead skin cells and dirt buildup that can cause or irritate KP symptoms
- After showering, moisturize your skin with natural coconut oil to keep it soft and supple
- Eat healthy. Dietary habits can have a positive or negative effect on skin health. By staying away from trans-fat foods and foods that cause allergies, (e.g., gluten and dairy products), you can alleviate KP outbreaks
Coconut Oil For Keratosis Pilaris Video
Treatment Recipes Using Coconut Oil
Coconut oil can be mixed with other ingredients like sugar, honey, and apple cider vinegar to make effective KP treatments such as:
- Coconut oil and apple cider vinegar lotion: Blend equal parts of coconut oil and apple cider vinegar together with a dash of honey for moisturizing your skin
- Coconut oil/sugar scrub: Mix virgin coconut oil together with granulated white sugar and brown sugar in a 2:1:1 ratio and use as an exfoliating scrub. Add a spoon of honey or vanilla extract for extra moisturizing properties
- Whipped coconut oil: Whip up virgin coconut oil into a fluffy butter soap mixture for showering
Coconut oil for keratosis pilaris can also be purchased ready-made for greater convenience in these top name brand products:
- Pure Fiji Spa Coconut Sugar Rub
- Nubian Heritage Coconut and Papaya Soap
- Organic Fiji Sugar Polish
- Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Organic Coconut Oil Liquid Soap, Lotion and Cream
With the help of a coconut oil treatment for keratosis pilaris, you will soon see great improvement in your KP condition and benefit from a healthier, more attractive appearance.